2007 Sea-doo 3D DI - Help??!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeteffect

Hi everybody. I have a great lead on a 2007 Sea-Doo 3D DI. Been wanting this ski for years!!

My goal: Get a reliable Seadoo 3D for just stand-up riding in freshwater, no crazy tricks, just want to ride standing up and slalom around!

Could you please jump in to help me understand the best approach?
1. Which is the best motor configuration? 951 RFI or DI 782?

2. Are they 2-stroke or 4-stroke? - MANY Sites says the 2007 is a 4-stroke!

3. What are the common problems with the 3D versions?

4. Are parts still avail to fix them?

5. Which one is more reliable for just general stand up riding?

6. What's the annual maintenance like?

Seadoo 3D owners and those who have ridden one, I'd super appreciate your input!!
Thanks in advanced, everybody!!

1. 06 and 07 DI is much better for lots of reasons, I've owned both for several years each
2. 2 stroke
3. DI has common voltage regulator failure(easy fix), fuel pump failures on occasion, air injector failures on occasion, other than that it's a very solid motor, make sure to use BRP full synthetic and they are very reliable
4. Yes, parts easy to find. most people don't like or are afraid of the DI but it's a great motor
5. DI much better for everything
6. winterize and fog motor, use 91 fuel, change plugs

The DI motor is a very good motor when it is running as it should be running.

They are harder to diagnose when they are having issues. And they do cost more to fix as well. As mentioned above, the fuel system is a common fault. They require high pressure and high volume pumps. If you have issues, use only OEM pumps as most of the aftermarket simply can not do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back