2007 RXT215 - P1544 then P0344 codes - how do I get the motor to turn over again?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ekulm

Hello,

New member here and thanks for having this great resource.

Yesterday I was out testing after a new rebuild when a engine code alerted. I had a blown factory hose clamp on a coolant line and it blew out all the coolant. So I fixed that. Dumped more coolant in, several times, and went back to testing.

When I was beginning to plane out, P1544 would signal then go away. Coolant in the bottle was fine.

This morning upon firing it up, when trying to plane out, the same code started up. Then P0344 (CPS) came on and the ski shut off.

I checked coolant tubes again and found another faulty OEM clamp. I squeezed the tube and coolant came out around the end of the hose near the clamp. I about dropped a chalupa in my pants.

That hose is right next to the CPS.

Thereafter, the starter will turn after I press the button many times but WILL NOT engage the flywheel.

In fear, I pulled the valve cover and plugs. Plugs and cam chain assembly all look good.

Oil on dipstick also looks like brand new oil (no small chips of metal in oil on stick).

Anyone know how I can begin to get this to turn over again? Do I have to clear that CPS code?

Thanks in advance

If your starter is turning but the bendix is not engaging the flywheel you either have a battery problem or a bendix problem. The bendix is only mechanical so no code will ever stop it from working. It also sounds like you need a new solenoid if it is only clicking and not turning the starter over most of the time.

The CPS is water tight so no leaking coolant will affect it.

If your starter is turning but the bendix is not engaging the flywheel you either have a battery problem or a bendix problem. The bendix is only mechanical so no code will ever stop it from working. It also sounds like you need a new solenoid if it is only clicking and not turning the starter over most of the time.

The CPS is water tight so no leaking coolant will affect it.

Thank you for the response. The starter sounded slow, like I had a dead battery but it load tested fine, and it was fully charged.

Is there a way to this motor over without the starter?

Is the ski capable of shutting itself off when it reads an error code?

Jump your solenoid and see if it turns over faster like it should. Check all your connections and grounds.

No other way to turn the motor over except for the starter.

Yes, it can shut itself off for severe error codes or for less severe put it in 2 different max rpm limp modes depending on code. The 4tec motor is pretty good at protecting itself.

Jump your solenoid and see if it turns over faster like it should. Check all your connections and grounds.

No other way to turn the motor over except for the starter.

Yes, it can shut itself off for severe error codes or for less severe put it in 2 different max rpm limp modes depending on code. The 4tec motor is pretty good at protecting itself.

Thanks for the input. I’ll try it out and get back to you.

Follow up to what happened:

The flywheel bolts sheared off. Then the flywheel and flywheel gear loosened up and struck the supercharger and bent the supercharger shaft.

In total, I installed Al new crank and rod bearings, cam chain, all bolts in the motor, all gaskets, supercharger rebuild, rings, etc. cost about $3k with labor.

She runs great.

No head damage or main case damage. I had to purchase a new stator and flywheel cover.

Back