2007 GTX LTD Supercharger problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flip346

Hi

I have a 2007 seadoo gtx ltd 215 ski.

Recently purchased it at 94 hours and had the supercharger rebuilt at 99 hours.

I was out on the weekend doing 40+- km/h and the supercharger blew up.

The ski has done 21 hours since the full rebuild. The seadoo dealer where I had it done told me the bearing collapsed in the supercharger and he has installed over 400 kits and never seen it happen before. They have had the ski for 3 days now and they keep trying to find something to blame it on.

Anyone have some advice how I should go about this?

Lemme get this straight....

You bought the ski at 94 hrs and 5 hrs later you had the charger "fully rebuilt"?

21hrs after the "full rebuild" the charger blew. Had you been able to get wot numbers...mph @ rpm?

The dealer who rebuilt your charger says "the" bearing collapsed? uhm......there's 3 sets of bearings in a charger. If it were me...I'd show up unannounced wanting an explanation...a time table for when they were going to resolve the issue. If that answer wasn't satisfactory I'd ask them which will be more expensive...the complete cleaning of engine and rebuild/new wheel...or a call to BRP, the bad press and a trip to court?

If that didn't get the ball rolling...take back the ski...to include the sc and all the supposedly new parts that were installed with the "full rebuild".

Reason being...maybe only the washers were swapped instead of the full rebuild.

Curious...how much did this "full rebuild" cost? And had anyone mentioned removing the sc and sending it off to Jerry?

Last edited by a moderator:
If they fully rebuilt the s/c and it didn't last, then they should fully rebuild it again on their own dime I think, unless they told you in the service invoice that there was no warranty on their parts and labor?

Not really sure what the real question is though although seems like they would want to make good on their work, to me. Not sure who/what's to blame, are you saying the engine is trashed and they don't want to pay for the replacement engine? Kinda depends, you've gotten 30 hours out of a ski that you bought elsewhere, or from this service dealer? If he sold you the ski in the first place, the I think he'd want to support that sale, maybe a deal can be worked out depending on what work needs to be done, or maybe he will buy back the ski from you?

Yes that is correct. The supercharger was fully rebuilt and I had all the old parts given to me when it was done.

I have now gotten one step further and they are in the process of getting a whole new supercharger from brp and replacing it at no cost.

Fingers crossed I get it back before no time. Will keep you up to date!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes that is correct. The supercharger was fully rebuilt and I had all the old parts given to me when it was done.

I have now gotten one step further and they are in the process of getting a whole new supercharger from brp and replacing it at no cost.

Fingers crossed I get it back before no time. Will keep you up to date!

Thanks for the quick replies!

Tell them you want all the parts of the charger that blew. You want to be sure that you have everything there. If everything isn't there...it could very well be in your motor. If they don't do a proper cleaning and account of all the missing parts of that charger...wanna guess how long it'll be before you return for a more expensive visit?

How much did it cost for a full sc rebuild? I coming up on 100 hours probably by the end of this summer

If you can pull it yourself parts are about $340 ish for a OEM rebuild and if you search around on the web there is a guy that will rebuild it for $75.

If you don't feel like messing with it and just taking it to a tech, you're looking at anywhere between $550-$650 depending on where you live. Prices in my area seem to be closer to the lower end of that.

Since you tube is so awesome, do you guys have a link to a you tube video showing the sc rebuild? Hopefully the 2008 and later models with the steel washers. I'm sure I can do it but I know they sell a kit with special tools and a video would assure the rebuild goes well.

THanks

Since you tube is so awesome, do you guys have a link to a you tube video showing the sc rebuild? Hopefully the 2008 and later models with the steel washers. I'm sure I can do it but I know they sell a kit with special tools and a video would assure the rebuild goes well.

THanks

BC,

No offense here...

The guy we're all speaking of is a pro. He's also a neighbor of yours....relatively speaking.

JerryGaddis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back