2007 GTI wont turn left under power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

boulaa

Worked fine last week but wont turn left under power today. I noticed that the internal steering cable on the right side of the pump is out of its sheath. Can this be fixed without replacing the entire cable ? I have attached a pix below. Looks to me like a clip or something is missing to hold the sheath and boot together but I don't see anything in the shop manual.

Attachments

• steer cable.jpg
    steer cable.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Worked fine last week but wont turn left under power today. I noticed that the internal steering cable on the right side of the pump is out of its sheath. Can this be fixed without replacing the entire cable ? I have attached a pix below. Looks to me like a clip or something is missing to hold the sheath and boot together but I don't see anything in the shop manual.
Yes it looks like the sheath has pulled apart so steering cable cannot push to go left but can still pull to go right. Does it look like you can put it back in place then crimp it to stay? Gorilla tape may fix it temporarily. Should be some way of fixing it without replacing the whole cable assembly.
I had a similar problem caused by an incompetent albeit authorized Seadoo mechanic. When he fixed a leaking problem on warrantee, when re-assembling the whole back end he inadvertently did not replace the sheath connection to the transom. (just left it hanging outside the hole in the transom). Was I ever ticked off. Then they said it was a BRP problem and they corrode and fall out. Total BS there was no corrosion or damage to the cable and sheath at all. No way it would have fallen out by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back