2007 gti se small oil leak at oil filter cap hex bolt

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cady

Hey everyone, I'm a first year seadoo owner and still learning the ropes. A couple weeks a go I changed the oil thanks to the fantastic instructions I found here and all was good. I have run the ski about a half dozen times with no problems. This weekend I noticed a little bit of oil polling at the oil filter cap bolt. I wiped it clean and rode it for about 20 min, and a little more oil leaked. I'm thinking I have an o ring issue? Does anyone have a good diagram showing the correct location of the rings?

Thanks Tom

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.59.36 PM.jpg

this should be it, you can pull up parts diagrams on most websites that sell parts.

here is is again scrolled to correct area to show the part numbers for all the o-rings, I would guess 29... but don't take my word for it as I am begging for help all the time.
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 7.03.51 PM.jpg

thanks for the reply, I did find that diagram, yesterday, but I'm still not sure if the small o ring goes at the bottom (threaded part of the hex bolt) or at the top? There are 4 lines but 3 o rings, one looks to go to the bottom threaded part of the bolt, and the other line looks like it goes right under the top part of the hex bolt ? Can someone confirm what the correct order is when putting it back together?

Thanks again Tom

The 4 lines, if I am looking at the same thing you are, indicate areas that should be lubed with oil, notice the little "oil drop" graphic, also part 49 is engine oil on the parts list. The two larger rings go into the cap one above the other as shown in the diagram. And correct the small one goes between the cap and screw head. You will be able to confirm this when removing it as well. I pull out my phone and take picts when I think there is a chance I might forget how things go back together.

Thanks again! that makes sense. I will double check how it was reassembled, I bet it's wrong that's what is causing the oil to leak at where the bolt goes into the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back