2005 RXT oil filter cap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetfrank

Hi All - working on a friend's RXT that was losing oiil rapidly, 2 quarts wound up in the bilge after a day on the water! Traced it to the oil filter bolt O-ring that was leaking profusely while running. Easy fix to replace the O-ring (although $4.50 for a new one is outrageous!). Anyways, it looks like a not so well engineered seal between the O-ring, the bolt and the filter cap. In addition, on the parts schematic the part number for the cap has been superseded by another number so I'm wondering if the part has been redesigned to improve the seal between the bolt and the cover - seems that the bolt hole diameter is wider than it should be.........thanks for any advice!

wow..have not seen one of those leak...just replace it with the same diameter and thickness...?...Yes...?..doesn't matter who makes it...right?

Make sure the bottom flange nut is tightened all the way to the thread stop with the flange down or the cap can’t seal.

Just had problems with my 2005 RXT.
I was blowing oil out the back edge of the valve cover. This was caused by a problem with the TOPS system which also prevents excessive pressure build up in the crank case.
Suggest you watch it closely to make sure your problem was the faulty O-ring and not the system which controls crankcase pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back