2006 Seadoo Sportster Navigation Lights LED Upgrade Direct Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro296

So I'm in the process of cleaning up/fixing/upgrading my 2006 Seadoo Sportster 155...came across these LED navigation lights and was pretty sure they were a direct replacement for the OEM navigation lights. The lenses on my stock lights were showing their age and were pretty dim. Took a risk and purchased these from Amazon. Just had to splice the wires, used the original screws, and they fit great...looks factory original...much brighter too...with less current draw...will be looking for an LED replacement bulb for the anchor light also...

NAV Lights

Thank you so much for posting! I took mine out last weekend (same year and model) and noticed the port light was out. After pulling if off, the assembly was corroded. Searching for the original part 204470908 yields all out of stock except for a few $90 replacements each! Ordering yours now :)

When I find an LED replacement bulb for the anchor light I'll certainly let you know... I just haven't had a whole lot of free time here lately... one should be fairly easy to find because I replaced all of my interior light bulbs on my Jeep with LEDs

Great find. Just ordered for my challenger 230. Seems to show the same 204470908 part number. I had just replaced my bulbs with new LEDs but they wash out the colors to much (red is pink and green is white/green). My sockets were all corroded as well, used a dremal with the wire brush attachment and cleaned like now. Guess i dont need the OEMs now

Just ordered some LED running lights myself. But, for the 150, does anyone have a setup for a type of headlight they might run for night time?

When I find an LED replacement bulb for the anchor light I'll certainly let you know... I just haven't had a whole lot of free time here lately... one should be fairly easy to find because I replaced all of my interior light bulbs on my Jeep with LEDs
Thanks Jeffery, we have the same yellow boat! My experience from today...hitched it up and did a walk around. Dust bearing cap was missing on one side from the last trip (grease everywhere). Outer bearing had completely disintegrated. It was dark when garaged after returning last time (I remember hearing a noise, but forgot about it). Can't believe I made it home safely!

Needless to say I didn't make it to the water today. I'm replacing the bearings/seals on both sides and installing "bearing buddies." The bearing kit I'm using is from Autozone, sku 488119, "Carry On Trailer 1/16in Bearing Kit." I'll report back if that is the wrong part to use, but consider making a check/replacement on yours...

Pulse54,
The first thing I did when I got my (new to me) boat home was bearing service. The bearings had never been serviced because they had the original castle nut retainer pin (which is a PITA to remove). Cleaned the old grease out, repacked the bearings, and haven't had a problem. The guy I bought my boat from kept the boat in a boathouse on the lake so the trailer saw very little use. When trailering my boat around I make it a point to feel the hubs after driving for a while. They are only slightly warm after towing for an hour, so I think I'm good. Was that the right bearing kit? Do you have the original Karavan trailer? Always good to know what replacement parts fit...

Pulse54,
The first thing I did when I got my (new to me) boat home was bearing service. The bearings had never been serviced because they had the original castle nut retainer pin (which is a PITA to remove). Cleaned the old grease out, repacked the bearings, and haven't had a problem. The guy I bought my boat from kept the boat in a boathouse on the lake so the trailer saw very little use. When trailering my boat around I make it a point to feel the hubs after driving for a while. They are only slightly warm after towing for an hour, so I think I'm good. Was that the right bearing kit? Do you have the original Karavan trailer? Always good to know what replacement parts fit...

Yes my trailer looks identical to yours and that bearing kit was the correct one. I also purchased an SKF 99141 Speedi Sleeve to cover a few groves on one spindle where the inner bearing seal rides on.

Any news on the bow light (pole light)? I am looking the light bulb replacement and also if possible the casing covering the bulb.

Any one find this? Or even the whole light pole replacement?

I'm headed out to the lake in an hour but it's on my list of things to do...I'll post a part number and where I found an LED replacement bulb when I get a chance...haven't looked yet...not sure about the globe but just about any anchor pole ought to work...belive they are pretty standardized...

Any news on the bow light (pole light)? I am looking the light bulb replacement and also if possible the casing covering the bulb.

Any one find this? Or even the whole light pole replacement?
The bulb is a simple. I replaced mine with an LED and I believe it’s a standard 194 style base (can’t remember that base name)but I have to double check. The globe is what I would like to find

The globe for my boat is completely different. I probably should had said it’s a 2008 230 challenger. The light linked above was what was on my 2003 challenger and used on many of the sea doo boats but not the 230

Intersting... I have a working port light, the rest are shot, including the rear light. (Also sun bleached!) So.. have the led lights survived the thrashing they get?

Hmm.. Thanks for that. I'm intending to head out at around 04:00, mostly to catch the morning sun with my camera.. So any advice on lights for launching would be welcome. Prefered to keep them in the red.. so my night vision isn't destroyed!

A little bit aside: I'm told that in OZ the rear white light must be at least 1 meter above port/starboard ones.. So.. either go slow on the gas or get a nice high pole! (I'm asuming its the same outside the nanny state)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back