2006 Seadoo RXT first timer owner questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger

Hi All,
I am looking at purchasing a 2006 3 seat RXT, and I have a few questions. The person who owns it lives on a waterfront property, and recently upgrade to a 2013 and have 2 sons 23 and 28 who would use them.

It is priced at 5500. It has 200 hours, never been the shop for repairs (didn't mention shop maintenance), and oil seasonally. I haven't done compression tests yet or taken it out for a ride. But assuming those are fine is this a decent purchase? How many hours are these known to run for?

I read there is the ceramic supercharger washer issue, should that be replaced if it hasn't? (hasn't had a problem yet)

Is this a decent deal?
3I53N23H35Id5K25Mad5rb2df04b5d8ac125c.jpg
3Mf3Jd3He5I65G95H2d5rf1eb302e4a17110a.jpg

thanks

For a machine that comes with no service records that price seems a little high. Superchargers need to be rebuilt every 100hrs or you're asking for disaster. Assuming that hasn't been done by now he's been extremely lucky and it needs to be done ASAP. Usually costs around 500-600 at the dealer for a rebuild. If he can prove the SC has been rebuilt recently I'd offer $4900, if not take another $500 off.

The ceramic washers are generally fine,,,, until they are not !!!!

They are not a problem until they fail, and once they fail, you need to rebuild you engine as well as the SC.

Do not let the SC scare you. I own two ski's. One with and one without. I LOVE my SC ski. I will never not own one as long as I own ski's.

I think the price is a bit high as well.

I strongly suggest you do a compression test as well as ride the ski. Take a good look under the seat and look for general dirt, oil leaks, and stains. this will let you know how they care for their toys.

4-Tech engine is great and super easy to take care of. If you are in need of repairs it does cost more than the 2-strokes. But again, I love the 4-Tech engine. Run great, smooth and pretty quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back