2005 RXT drive issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmys

Good morning, afternoon evening all, I’m popping my cherry here with a first post. I picked up a 2005 RXT yesterday, with a drive issue, ski has 59hrs on the clock and came with a full service history including the original sales brochure and reciept! The guy I bought it off (only a couple of years away from a free bus pass) owned it since 2006, it’s in decent shape, odd scuff here and there but expected for a 17yr old! It was a bit of a blind buy in total honesty, but for what I paid it’s worth it should I have to plug in some decent dollar. He said he lost drive and the engine was really noisey, it does start, he had a car mechanic look at it who has taken the pump out and cover off the S/C which didn’t reveal anything untoward. My limited search (as I didn’t get her home till midnight) thus far at potential candidates of issues seem to be possible flywheel bolt failure. My plan is to pull the motor and see what the score is when the time allows. My question is, are there any other known failure points? I have noted sodium filled valves, ceramic S/C washers and timing gear bolts. As part of what ever needs done, I will sort these items. I also plan to overhaul the pump. Any other pearls of wisdom would be greatly recieved.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back