2006 seadoo gtx limited cluster issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rem1acs

My cluster was fried so I purchased a new OEM cluster and install it but the cluster does not light up. I have a candoo reader and the cluster does not show up on it. I checked the cluster fuse and it was good. Where else might I look to get the cluster up and working?

thx

You have to program or flash the new cluster for your ski model and then you have to program or marry the cluster to your ECU. Not sure if CanDoo can do both of these steps. I use BUDS only.

If your cluster was like mine, it wasn't "fried", it got water inside it and the electrical connections corroded. The way the cluster is designed, the electrical connections are at the bottom (when the cluster is installed). Consequently if water gets inside, the connectors are covered with water.

Check your electrical connection on the cluster and make sure it is secure; you probably already did that.

Will the ski start?

Lastly, download the CanDoo manual, and read up on the steps to marry the cluster to the ECU; it's very easy!

Yes runs fine, connectors are clean, run fine, the candoo manual says when a new cluster is installed it will prompt you to marry. In all the read outs it is blank for the cluster, so it's not getting power just not sure why yet. You're in annoying to troubleshoot but after spending $450 because it's a 2006 vs 2005 and below which can be rebuilt for $220. I will look at the wiring diagram and find the power lead and bypass every to the battery to see if I can energizer the cluster.

Yes runs fine, connectors are clean, run fine, the candoo manual says when a new cluster is installed it will prompt you to marry. In all the read outs it is blank for the cluster, so it's not getting power just not sure why yet. You're in annoying to troubleshoot but after spending $450 because it's a 2006 vs 2005 and below which can be rebuilt for $220. I will look at the wiring diagram and find the power lead and bypass every to the battery to see if I can energizer the cluster.

May be the problem with the old cluster was not the cluster. Use ohm meter to check connectors for continuity.

Trust me the cluster was smoked, going to see if I can put power on the cluster direct from the battery, just got to look at the diagram to see the power and grd points.

Update, I removed all the connectors cleaned and reinstalled, the cluster is working. I was able to use the Candoo to marry to my SeaDoo worked great along with adding a new key which took 15 seconds. Everything is working great, thx for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back