Hours on Cluster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

8kgold69

Hello
I have a 2006 Sea Doo RXP SC. The original cluster took a dump. I purchased a new cluster and plugged it in, everything works but hours, it shows 0 hours. After researching the details about Sea Doo clusters the hours are stored in the cluster, not the ECU, on 06 models and newer. Is there a way to connect a battery to the cluster and let the clock run until it reaches the correct hours?
Thanks
Barry

I went to the dealer to have it programmed, but the 2006 and new models have the hours stored in the original cluster, not in the ECU. Therefore, the hours cannot be transferred to the new cluster. I was hoping there was a way to connect the cluster to a battery and let it run for a couple of days to run up the hours. My mobile generator has an hour meter and had to replace it, hooked the new hour meter to a battery and let it run. Same with a boat hour meter. Hook it to a battery and let it run for couple days. If anyone has some insight on this matter please let me know.
Thanks

Dealer advised that they cannot transfer hours because the hours are held in he cluster and not in ECU. If you know how they can change the hours please let me know. I would appreciate the help.

As mentioned. The ECU has an hour meter and the cluster has an hour meter.

With Candoo you can see both but you can't edit them. Have no idea if Buds can, but I would highly doubt it.

--- just a note --- Just because you went to one dealer and they said that it could not be done does not mean it can't be, I would try another dealer or place that really knows what they are doing, dealers can be wrong. I have newer RXP - and hours can be adjusted with the top of the line CanDoo Pro. There are different levels of equipment. My guy bought the one that cost like 4 grand and he can do pretty much everything. My guy is not a dealer, just got found a really good shop that works on anything jet ski, snow mobile, 4 wheelers etc. My dealer, did not know squat and won't deal with them at all. --- So take this for what you will. Hope ya get it taken care of.

Hours can't be changed on that style of cluster by any dealer nor any software that I'm aware of. Hours are stored in both the ECU and the cluster for that style. If you want to know the actual hours on the ski, any dealer can tell you that. Once the gauge is powered on, it will add time so it can be done by powering up but should be done separately so your not adding time to the ECU. Sounds like a lot of unnecessary effort to me.

Correct hours are stored in both.budds can Doo and the SBT scan tool has ecu hours and cluster hours.when a different cluster is added you have to marry them.not sure if the older ones have to be married been a while.no program can change the hours.i believe the only way to change engine hours is to put a new ecu and gauge cluster.changing one to another will always revert back to hours

I have been at this for 30 years and never seen nor heard about megatech or being able to change hours on a sea doo.that is tip towing on fraud.

I appreciate everyone's response. A little confusing with all the information.
I do have a question. Obviously the hours are accumulated when the ski is running through the ECU and the cluster. So that tells me inside the cluster there is an electronic device that operates hour meter when the fob is plugged in and the engine is running. The question is, is there a way to supply power directly to the pin that runs the "clock" in the cluster and let it run to run up the hours?

Back