2006 RXT 215 Intermittent Start / key Recognition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nussboza

Hello all. First time poster. Thank you for this wonderful community as I have already learned so much and I believe solved my problem, but I figured I would check in for some expertise here.

In March we bought a used 2006 RXT 215 from our local dealer here at Lake Anna, VA. Meticulously maintained and only 80 hours. We dropped it in today for its maiden voyage and all was well until I entered no wake to pull it up on our ramp. It shut off after 1-2 minutes of idling towards our dock.

No power / recognition of the key to the DESS (forgive me if DESS is wrong, still learning from the forum). We read some posts here and there and found this particular one helpful (No power, full battery, no blown fuses.).

We pulled the seats and messed with the wiring harnesses around the MPEM and low and behold it came back to life. We pulled it from the water and brought it back to the house to start messing with it. We weren’t able to recreate the issue.

In accordance with the recommendation of that link above, we are considering purchasing a used MPEM to drop into the ski in hopes this won’t recur. However, I have seen some concerns about programming the MPEM? Will it be plug-and-play into the ski or will it need to be programmed? Will our keys still function?

Does someone disagree with the MPEM replacement and have alternative ideas?

Thank you all. This is our first seadoo and an unfortunate issue to have on such a beautifully maintained PWC. But hot damn was it a comfortable ride compared to the 2 stroke Yamaha crotch rocket we traded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back