2006 GTX Supercharged. Good deal?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

njc145

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the world of PWC. Been looking to buy a pair for a couple years but never panned out. I have the opportunity to buy two matching 2006 Sea-Doo GTX SC from a private seller. Only 56 and 61 hours on them. Comes with double trailer and covers for the skis. Seem to be in great condition and well maintained. Original owners. Price is $7,000. Seem like a good deal? Thanks for the input.

I can't comment on price but I can tell that unless it's proven the superchargers have been rebuilt, add another $400-$500 for each machine. They need to be done every 100 hours
(n/a in this circumstance) or every 2 years. This is NOT something you can delay. As well, that year had sodium filled valve stems and were prone to some breakage. As well some had rear engine mount issues - try and move the engine. If no movement you're good.

Also, 2003 to mid 2006 they had sodium filled exhaust valves that can fail and cause serious damage. The highest failure rate are the SC skis in salt water. If it was just a 155 I wouldn't worry about it. But being SC, either see if it has a later build date or change them. Can easily cause 4 grand to repair the damage. Will cost about $400 to swap them out now.

Please do not make duplicate and or triplicate posts. I've deleted the others and moved this one to the correct forum for you. Thanks,,,

Maintenance records? '06's, besides the supercharger maintenance, have the jet pumps been serviced? Sea-Doo recommends a 100 hr service interval, but the pump seals can fail due to age based deterioration as well. I also picked up a pair of 11 year old skis back in '13 with 43 hrs on them. One of the jet pumps had water in it, and I had to replace the bearing.

Also check to make sure that the information centers work properly, and you don't have any faults stored in the ECU. I had water intrusion in one of my information centers. That's a $600.00 part!

Don't buy a pre 2016 , non ACE engine , Super charged Sea Doo engine unless you like hanging around your garage keeping your Sea Doos running! Just spend some time on this site and others , reading about theses supercharged engines . In Non supercharged form their history is stellar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had SC machines for a number of years and never had one issue. Your continuing anti-SC
bias is is very predictable.

There are still thousands of them out on the water and most of them haven't had the recommended maintenance. To say don't buy anything pre 2016 is pretty ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back