2005 Seadoo Sportster SCIC 215 hp - Losing power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmgbp29

I just recently bought a used 2005 Sportster SCIC 215hp recently. Boat is in pristine condition, has been serviced by an authorized dealer and was operating very well when we took it for a test run. The boat also operated very well for the first couple of days of use. Today, while running at full throttle, the boat seemed to lose power, RPMs fell back and boat now will not run more than 30-35 mph. Nothing fouled in the intake grate, but I checked all three plugs and there's quite a bit of oil fouling all three. Any suggestions? I will have to bring it to a dealer, but I'd appreciate any insight anyone can offer.

I wouldn't get too concerned about the oil fouling just yet. Probably just from fogging oil from proper winterization. Before dragging the rig to the dealer. Change the plugs, and re-read them, if oil fouling is still occcuring then there's a problem. Are you getting to full RPM?

She was not running at as high RPMs as she was when she was running ok. I will try changing out the plugs and see is that makes a difference. I've been reading some of the threads on issues with the superchargers on this model and I was getting worried. Thanks for your help!

I changed out the plugs with new ones, put the boat back in the water and no difference.....RPMs at full throttle is 6,500 and I'm not getting any more than 32-34 mph max. Haven't checked the new plugs yet to see if they're still oiling up, but I'm guessing they are. Other than bringing her to a dealer (a one-month wait around here.....our short summer will be over), any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Just to follow up with my last post. When you only see 6,000 RPMs give or take, you'll probably find that the supercharger washers have worn out (best case scenario) and the shaft is just spinning, but not spinning the SC impeller. Pulling the supercharger in a boat is really easy so don't stress. Search this site and the web for instructions on removal. If you have any questions just post em' up in this thread.

Supercharger was indeed toast. Just purchased a rebuild kit ($396+tax!) and have it in for repair (beyond my capacity). I'm told the rebuild kit is good for 200 hours (vs. the previous 100 hours). Thanks again, BMANN06 - will advise how she's running when I get her back in the water. Hopefully, no other major issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back