2005 Sea Doo GTI LE RFI PROBLEM!!!! NEED HELP!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bayer96

i just bought my first jet ski its the 787 engine the better one the problem i have with it is it starts normal land and water. On land when running the RPM are perfect also when i rev it the rpm are perfect on land. Once it is in the water the rpm are too low even at idle. When i pull the throttle all the way all it does is go up to 5 mph no faster then that at full throttle. I want to know what is wrong with it so i can be out on the water as soon as possible please help a new owner thanks in advance.

I've got one of these also, and had the same problem a couple of years ago, mine would'nt get above 4000 rpm being new to jet skis I took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. They said that all they did was replace the plugs (which I had already done) and oil filter! I think that it went into limp
mode and they reset something in the computer. When I got it back it ran like it was brand new again! I really don't know what they did, but your problem I think is going to be an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back