2005 rxp 215 starting by itself

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ClunkyRxp

Hey guys. went out with the jetski yesterday, first attempt to start and as soon as I connected the dess key there was the normal 2 beeps but also a continuas beep that didn’t stop. Jet ski started up normal, continuas beep still persisted. Took it for a short ride everything worked fine except the long beep didn’t stop, coming back in the ski just dies. Took dess off and replaced it and now the ski starts without the start stop button being pressed. Already checked the start stop button, and starter solenoid. Only thing I can think of is bad mpem?

Using the start circuit wiring diagram for your ski and with a test light find the hot circuit that should be cold. Should be fairly simple process.

I would check your wiring from the Dess and Start Button to make sure it is not chaffed somewhere. Also, check the MPEM connectors for corrosion.

Checked the mpem connections, they all look good, tomorrow I’ll check the wiring for the dess post. I’ve checked the start stop button and it also still does it with the button wiring disabled

Was checking all the plugs and fuses today again, hooked battery back up and everything is normal again🤷🏽‍♂️ don’t know if it is because the battery was unhooked for a few days or if me checking everything did something…taking the ski out on Saturday to see what it does, will update you guys. Thanks for all the suggestion guys!

I had the problems again, water was getting into my plug for the start button. Cleaned all my plugs and added dielectric grease, no problems since :D

Back