2005 optimax 250 dfi oil question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

75sausage

Qucksilver DFI or Premium Plus oil?
My engine exhaust gases are very pungent. Makes tubing behind boat next to impossible.

It the engine is warm, and still has a strong fuel smell... I'm guessing you have injectors that are leaking.

With the Optimax engine... I would use the DFI oil. But the spec is just TC-w3.

Dr Honda. You never cease to amaze me with your involvement and great advice over the years.

Would that be fuel injectors or oil injectors (if the is such a thing)?

I cleaned the injectors and, finding some corrosion, replaced 2 along with all o-rings.

It seems that i developed another problem where the engine idles high. It starts at about 1000rpm then surges to 1200-1250. I was getting a continuous beep alarm shortly after starting the engine. I took apart the throttle cam, cleaned it, lubricated the pivot bushing, and all linkage ball joints. The engine still surges to 1200 but alarm did not beep this time. When I push on the TPS sensor arm, the RPMs drop to 1000. Is the TPS bad or should I look elsewhere?

Well.... with what you said... and knowing it's an optimax engine... yes... I think the TPS is going bad. (Sorry) The Opti is one of the smarter engines, and the warning horn you heard was probably the ECU telling you there was an error on the TPS.

But, with that said... since you just had it apart... take the plug off of it, and make sure the contacts are clean, and try it again. Fortunately, your TPS isn't crazy expensive like the 240 unit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back