2005 GTX Storage Cover Shock Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

After all these years the storage shock and assembly has broken on my ski. This is for lifting the front storage cover. The parts breakdown looks fairly straight forward, however, I would assume that the storage bucket has to be removed somehow. If it was just the shock alone access may not be a problem, but the overall assembly needs to be redone. The top bracket came off and needs to be reattached. If anyone has any experience with this issue please let me know. If I have to take it to a dealer I will if necesssary.

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Jim, I had one of my struts fail completely ... bad corrosion. Go to liftsupportsdepot.com. The item you want is 4513-W. It is .1" shorter than the Suspa strut, but the rest of the specs are identical, and it's about $75.00 cheaper. It's made in USA ... lifetime warranty.

There is an access cover at the front of your ski under the hood. Pull it off. It's tricky working upside down and in a confined space, so take your time. What needs to be "redone" exactly? One of my pivot bolts failed due to corrosion, but I simply replaced it with a new stainless steel one. I didn't have to replace any other parts.

Lift Strut.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back