2005 GTX runs rough any suggestions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

C42480

Not new to skis but new to seadoo. Usually stick with Kawasaki but thought I found a good deal. 2005 GTX 155 last time it ran was 2011 has 71 hours on it $2500. I bought it. Pulled the fuel sender out and found varnish everywhere. Replaced the fuel pump with a walbro and installed the proper relay. Replaced both filter socks and cleaned the tank. Removed the injectors and rails and had them cleaned. Injectors cleaned and flow tested. Replaced all plugs. Changed oil and filter. Started ski and it runs rough and has a hard time coming down to idle almost stalls than catches itself. At idle it is as if it has a random misfire and it stays with it through the rpm band. Ordered and replaced the coils still has the random miss with rough idle. Changed the plugs again just in case. Check compression all cylinders 185-190psi. Let ski run on the hose and set over heat code. Replaced the exhaust coolant temp sensor and that went away. Now still runs rough and no codes. Any suggestions on where to go from here? Thanks

It sounds like you have done a through job of changing Parts out, and cleaning the fuel system. Put a can of SeaFoam in the gas tank, and use SeaFoam spray to run through the intake. Then take it out for the ole Italian tuneup.

It sounds like you have done a through job of changing Parts out, and cleaning the fuel system. Put a can of SeaFoam in the gas tank, and use SeaFoam spray to run through the intake. Then take it out for the ole Italian tuneup.

I figured that may be the next step. I just did not know if maybe they could have weak injector drivers out of the computer. I just do not want a lean cylinder and than a hole in one of the pistons from a lean burn.

Don't worry about that. The injector is either open or it's closed. The MPEM provides 12VDC, and the ECU provides the ground controlling timing and pulse width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back