2005 challenger 180 SC wear wring issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new to seadoos, bought a 2005 Challenger 180 SC knowing it need some TLC before this season. Doing an over haul of the drive system, new carbon seal, solas impeller, polish drive shaft, jet pump rebuild, etc. Ive run into issues with the wear ring. The first one i bought was a titian aftermarket which had an ID to small (OD was the same) and the impeller would not fit. Then i ordered a OEM PN 267000372, and it the ID and OD are larger then the old wear wring im replacing. How much shrinkage can i expect because it appears (before getting cold) that its to big to even fit in the housing???

thanks

for any one who is interested in this info: if you have an old impeller housing pn 267000046, beware as it is obsolete and will not accept the current OEM wear wring 267000372. the old housing has an diameter of 169mm +-0.3mm. The supper super seeded housing PN is 271002161 with an diameter of 171mm +- 0.08. The OEM wear ring 267000372 has an OD of 171 +- .08. This was after pulling every wear ring off the shelf they had and a phone call to seadoo to have some one look at the original drawings. So I was told by the dealer that i would have to mix and match after market rings to see if i could find one to fit, look for new old stock with original wear ring PN, or buy a current PN jet pump housing. FML.

My plan is to buy some aftermarket rings and see how that works maybe ill get luckly worst case its off to a machine shop to either modify a wear wring or see how much they would charge to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back