2004 sea doo Utopia 185 mechanic in California?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleArai

Hi,
I’m new to this forum I own a 2004 sea doo Utopia 185 and I live in Fresno Ca I have been trying to find someone to work on this boat hasn’t been in the water for about four years and want to take it out again want to see if anyone knows where I can take this boat. I’ve been calling places in Fresno and no boat dealer or shop works on these types of boats. I just want to get it checked out before taking it to the lake incase it doesn’t want to start.

Not from Cali but this appears to be a trend throughout North America regarding our Sea-Doo Mercury hybrids.

I found a shop near me that offered to do the maintenance for me. Unfortunately they did a sh*t job and I ultimately troubleshooted the issue they caused and solved it myself.

My recommendation is to get the service manuals and do the work yourself. If the only issues is that your boat has been sitting for a number of years then just change out all the fluids, spark plugs, filters, fill with fresh gas and run a freshwater flush.

The work can be a little daunting for a first-timer just like I was, but quite rewarding when you figure it all out.

Look for Mercury authorized service near you and let them know you which powered you have. I was very worried about this when I got my 2001 Utopia 185 200 DFI a couple months ago.. Here in San Diego I found multiple mechanics and went with a really highly rated one near me. I just got a whole bunch of maintenance done and was very happy with them. They don't service the jet drive though, so you will want to ask about that.

San Diego would be quite the commute though:)

Good luck!
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back