2004 Sea-Doo Islandia Fuel Gauge Fuel Sender Fuel Baffle help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeptemberC

Has anyone messed with their gauge or sending unit? At the end of last year I would occasionally notice my gas gauge would operate erratically when cruising. This year getting it out and getting it ready for the summer the gauge now does not work. I’m only guessing that it’s the float.
On my 2000 Challenger 1800 I had to pull the sender, cut it open, replace the float, and weld-bond it back together. I haven’t pulled the sender out of yet to see if I’ll have to do the same thing. I’m also finding it difficult to find a part number for it if I decided to just try and find one.
If anyone has experience with the Islandia fuel sender please let me know! Much appreciation in advance!

OEM are not available and I haven’t seen any on eBay.
I did buy the magnet kit. I’ll update next week.

Yes- Kind of. I would have to take mine out and send it to him. How long of a turn around…. He can say quickly but I’d rather just repair it myself.

Removed the fuel sender, removed filter screen from the bottom. Magnet float came out (horribly corroded) replaced it with the new OEM magnet float. Easy Peasy!

Hi, quick question my original sending unit has a 3 wire connector and I cannot for the life of me find one on eBay or a new one that comes with 3 wires or the same connector. Do you know where I can order one. Thanks in advance. 2000 Seadoo Islandia

Attachments​

• 57959-d7cee41e36e97c50d6e90141cf21ca54.png
    D71937F0-3B80-4D5E-BAB7-6DAE1974026C.png
    982.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 57960-0d5098982ffa77b39450e9ff43306d50.png
    2BD369A5-8D3C-4828-B889-5141E3C0CAD7.png
    948 KB · Views: 0
  • 57961-d40b75b9083d2f3c32546bd4e0c05e0f.png
    8FEDDED0-19F8-4752-B0FC-D4478C34C6AB.png
    954.5 KB · Views: 0

Hi, quick question my original sending unit has a 3 wire connector and I cannot for the life of me find one on eBay or a new one that comes with 3 wires or the same connector. Do you know where I can order one. Thanks in advance. 2000 Seadoo Islandia

Attachments​

What is your original issue. Why do you think you need to replace the sender? This will help us help you.

What is your original issue. Why do you think you need to replace the sender? This will help us help you.
I have pulled it and tested it and it’s the F1 fuse. I tried replacing it but it looks like the solder didn’t hold up. I tested the gauges and they Ámalo work also. And the wires check good from the sender to the back of the fuel gauge.

SeptemberC: I am looking at a 2001 Islandia with the same engine ... It has been VERY well cared for and needs no work, but how hard is it to find parts especially for the engine and jet?? Which supplier do you go to?? Thanks Michael M. (I'm new to the group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back