2004 GTX 4-Tec adding solar or battery, 12v, USB, etc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robkat

With my 2004 GTX's, I'd like to add power. Now, with that said, I mean electrical power to perhaps blow up floats by 12v outlet, charge a phone by USB, or things like that, nothing major, but I imagine an air inflator uses some decent current.

1. Can I just hook up a 12v Power Inverter that has clamps to the Seadoo's battery terminals and turn it on when needed? I don't want to risk killing the battery, and without an alternator, I wasn't sure if this is safe. I was thinking of using a 750-1,000 watt inverter.

2. Or should I use a solar system, connected to a 2nd smaller battery, then use the similar system? I figure inflating a couple floats wouldn't chew up a battery that quick, and the solar charger could recharge it slowly.

3. Or I just leave it alone and use a solar charger / bank for phone charging via USB, and get a battery powered inflator and stop being greedy LOL

Due to the complexity of the first 2 options, I definitely say go for the power bank and battery powered pump. You would probably be taking up less space in your storage compartment too.

Oddly, I just learned Walmart sells these USB phone charger hookup for direct battery kit. Comes with the connectors, in line fuse and USB power stick that has a quick disconnect for $14. Not too bad!
IMG_5260.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back