2004 gtx 4tech wake - no beeps or display on guages

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan33556

Hello all,
Newbie trying to work through an electrical issue. I purchased a house and the seller threw in his 2004 ski. It worked fine for a few months but one day... Nothing.. no beeps, no power on the display or guages.

Ive replaced the battery, the start button, the dess post, starter solenoid, pulled the mpem and ensured the fuses were all good. Still no juice and not sure what to check or where to go from here?

Id love to figure this out and not take it to the shop. Any suggestions on what else to test?

Thanks in advance!
Bryan

In my experience, if you lose all power and know your battery connections are good, you have a bad 30 amp relay (may be 25 amp for your model)

Figured id just replace the wire harness at this point, got to be some kind of short or corrosion. Picked up a used one, maybe I'll get lucky. It will at least be a good learning experience in replacing it.

Check for the green crusties (resistance) in your main power and ground wires and connections going from the battery to the engine and battery to starter relay and starter.

In my experience, if you lose all power and know your battery connections are good, you have a bad 30 amp relay (may be 25 amp for your model)
There is no 30 amp relay on the older 4tecs. Started using them around 2006.

It is a simple circuit to power up the gauges, just track voltage instead of replacing parts randomly.

2004 GTX 4tec wiring diagram.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back