2004 gti-le-rfi mpem problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crashcone

Hi all yesterday i hooked up me battery backwards no smoke no blown 5 amp fuses but also all dead i found out what i did but now it gets worse. I have 2 machines so i swapped the master cut off relay module with the other not realizing i had shorted it out now both machines dead, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I can ground the black & purple wire as the master cut relay & all works fine so did i fry a diode in each mpem(s) & are they reparable. I am an auto mechanic & if there is info out there i can do it does anyone have any info on this modle????

No blown 5 amp fuse? You sure? I had a fuse that looked good but really wasnt. I did a continuity test on it and it showed it was bad. Otherwise, you need to take a multi meter and check for power along the way starting at the battery.

If your 5 amp fuse is popped... and if your setup is the same as my 2001 GTI... you can check if it is the MPEM diode by backing out the 2 yellow and 1 red wires from the plug of the Rectifier. Leave the black ground wire and plug it back in. The black wire is the ground for the MPEM. If after you do that and the 5 Amp fuse still pops, then I am sure it is your diode in the MPEM.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back