2003 sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie 2106

I recently bought a 2003 sportster I got a great deal on it past owner said it would only idle I took it to the lake last night to check it out it will run 25 mph all day long when you open the throttle runs great to 36 mph then it is like you turned the key off but will restart instantly any ideas thanks

It sounds to me like you’ve got an air leak in the fuel system somewhere. Run a line from the reserve nipple on the fuel baffle to the carb inlet and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you’re going to go through and clean/replace the fuel selector, filter and lines. If not, you’ve most likely got a carb problem and need to rebuild them.

It sounds to me like you’ve got an air leak in the fuel system somewhere. Run a line from the reserve nipple on the fuel baffle to the carb inlet and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you’re going to go through and clean/replace the fuel selector, filter and lines. If not, you’ve most likely got a carb problem and need to rebuild them.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back