2003 Sportster Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonH

I recently purchased a 2003 Sportster LE and know very little about it. The first few times I took it out it ran great, however this last time it took forever to get on plane and failed to ever reach top speed. When looking at the impeller from under the boat I noticed that the black ring around the impeller seems to be eaten up pretty bad to the point where part of it is hanging off. After researching online I'm assuming this is the wear ring...am I correct? I snapped a couple not so good pics in order for anyone to look at and give me an idea. I'd like to get it fixed soon, but would like to know what I'm dealing with first and if it is something I should tackle on my own or pay someone to do.

Thanks,

Brandon

Attachments

• Seadoo 2.JPG
    Seadoo 2.JPG
    688.8 KB · Views: 25
I recently purchased a 2003 Sportster LE and know very little about it. The first few times I took it out it ran great, however this last time it took forever to get on plane and failed to ever reach top speed. When looking at the impeller from under the boat I noticed that the black ring around the impeller seems to be eaten up pretty bad to the point where part of it is hanging off. After researching online I'm assuming this is the wear ring...am I correct? I snapped a couple not so good pics in order for anyone to look at and give me an idea. I'd like to get it fixed soon, but would like to know what I'm dealing with first and if it is something I should tackle on my own or pay someone to do.

Thanks,

Brandon
Yes, that's the wear ring. Search the forums for removal/install guides. It's very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back