04 Sportster Refueling Issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

PSBeachBum

Hello. I have a new to me 2004 Sportster Le. When fueling I cannot use a typical fueling station nozzle because the trip keeps going off. The fuel bubbles up in the inner fuel hose. Takes forever to refuel. At first I though it was because my outter fill hose was kinked and pinching the inner hose. Replaced but the problem remains. Venting seems fine and Un obstructed. I believe it's the inner hose. It's corrugated and doesn't allow the fuel to flow fast enough to the tank. Is this normal? Parts pic attached. #22 is the hose in question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416_064044_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416_064044_Firefox.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 3
Well seemed to figure this out by accident. Removed my fuel filler today to siphon some 87 ethanol fuel from my tank (wanted to truly see how shitty it ran.... answer = really shitty) #22 in parts diagram still was being annoying. I decided pull on it thus stretching it out and low and behold a full tank of fuel was able to be filled with the nozzle latched open and at high speed. SOOOOO stretch these out every once and a bit.

Back