2003 Sportster - Collapsing Tower for Transport?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamski

Have had troubles with the tower developing cracks on some of the welds -- front arms midway up - one needs a weld again this year. Tower only carries tubbie speakers for tunes and occasionally a skier on da rope -- otherwise it sits. So it isn't stress from pulling tubes, or anything like that.

The only stress it gets is when it shakes on the water or in transport.
Can't do much to eliminate the shake on the water as that's part of the experience, but begin to wonder if there is a way to do so during transport.

Can this tower collapse for transport? Looking at parts diagrams for the tower it appears that there were tower straps and two supports for when you wanted to collapse the tower. I have none of those, but am thinking those are only for collapsing for storage. Or are they for Transport? thoughts?

I have been over the tower and all the mounts are firm, and the adapter from the tower and the mount on the boat lock in tight. Where the shake comes from is the tower arm's adapter. The adapater allows the tower arm to move within it -- the tower arm narrows to a ball that fits in the adapter. I'll post a pic later of it. That's where the motion comes from -- always assumed it was normal ... is it?

Thanks for any insight as I round up a welder again.

shamski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back