Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. I recently came into possession of a Sportster I believe a 2000 per the faded Hull ID. I believe it is the 1800 model as it's 17'9 per the title, 17'11 by my measurements. Every cover website only carries covers for a 14' sportster. My model seems to be one that nobody will touch. To make things worse, it has an aftermarket "Big Air Storm" wake tower, which is absolutely awesome, except this makes it even harder to find the correct cover. The companies I've found that make custom tower covers with velcro slats only do it for 17'6" and 18'6" boats with the bungee cord around the edges and they've told me over the phone it won't seal right if I do the 18'6'. If it matters, the front tower mount is 94" from the front of the boat, and the rear is 60" behind that.

I have called several companies already and am ripping my hair out at the thought that I'll be stuck with some cruddy cover that doesn't seal right and lets in dirt and everything else. Is there anyone out there that may have some insight into this kind of thing? Thank you so much for any help you guys can offer!

Last edited:
Your only option is to have a custom cover made. I would call around to local upholstery shops and see if they know anyone in the area that does boat covers. Make sure you use a good marine fabric like Sunbrella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back