2003 Seadoo Sportster on Craigslist

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same boat but 2004 and i paid $11,000 a year ago and it had 70hrs so either that boat dosent exist or its got problems. I found ALOT of scams with boat online when looking for mine. if contacting that person id open a seperate hotmail accout to talk to people over the net... You never know who your talking to and if it is a scam and they have you phone number and all you info they could try and screw you over..... email and ask for there number to talkin in person if they dont want to do that then id be willing to bet its a scam.

Okay guys, so I went to look at the boat and it looks immaculate. It's paid off and he wants to move it since he doesn't use it. What do you think? Oh, and it's a small world. He is close friends with a guy I know.

I'm so interested yet nervous at the same time.

Ill give to a tip, if you take it to a dealer befor you buy it and get them to hook up the b.u.d.s system up to it you can see the maintinace history like weather or not the 10hr service was done on it and also how the boat was drivin, Its shows you a bar graph with diffrent rpm ranges from 0-redline and a % for each range so mine i know it only hit 7000rpm for .06% of the total hrs on the boat witch was 70. um hope that makes sence. LMAO i think that % has changed a little since ive had the boat. and also do a compression test on it.

what the buds system can do all summed-up!!! rpm profiles, throttle position, history, faults, diagnostics and can go thru auto-test of every sensor and feature on the ski/boat... i gotta get me one some how???? also have a good look in the intake grate and the pump and make sure the wear ring and impeller are in good shape. I did all this last january when i bought my boat

If you can get a dealer to check it out go for you . It might cost a little to have it done but save you in the long run. ...At the very least be sure you go for a test drive. If you have a friend that owns a seadoo jet boat bring him along as he will know what is normal running on the sea trial.

Karl

Well guys, I bit the bullet and purchased the Sportster today. I took it to the water immediately. She ran great. I am still going to take it to a mechanic to check out the compression etc.

I love it!

Well guys, I bit the bullet and purchased the Sportster today. I took it to the water immediately. She ran great. I am still going to take it to a mechanic to check out the compression etc.

I love it!

Congrads on the new boat. I think you got a good deal! Good luck!

Thanks man. I'm really excited. It has been maintenanced for the winter. I guess I don't need to do anything to it until it's time to start taking it out regularly?

The boat has an alpine deck with ipod hookups and four total speakers that sound great! The 6x9's on the sides add a nice thump to the sound.

It fit perfectly in my garage, slighty angled.

Sorry for the pointless info. IM EXCITED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back