2003 gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adjust my rave valves all the way down and then back them up about 3/4 turn. My preference.
The WCV could be robbing you of the 350rpms you are looking for.
Not sure what other posts are referring to the bellows, but I have heard the WCV diaphram called a bellows before.
Down as little as 2psi on fuel pressure can rob you of top rpms. I would go OEM, but that’s just my opinion.
Is your TPS readings in spec? Have you peeked at the reeds?

Ok on the river flat spot gone nice hole shot but only 42 mph 6650rpm but still fun still the search goes on

Even if you are only getting 6650 rpm’s you should be getting more than 42 mph. One of my skis is a 2002 GTXDI which I believe is the same as your 2003 gtxdi. I also only get about 6600 RPM. It could be my low fuel pressure of 105 psi or a number of other things. But even at 6600 RPM I was only getting 40 mph on the speedometer. I did replace the wearing the previous season and my impeller to wear ring clearance measured about .012”-.024” but still only 40 mph. So my last ride of this season I tried two things. 1. Replaced the top hat and carbon ring/seal with a new heavy duty one. 2. Raised the OPAS steering vanes up all the way by using 5/8” shaft collars. Took it for a test ride-BOOM 50 MPH!! so I won’t know till next season which it was that improved my speed that much. I was not going to even try the new carbon ring/seal because I did not even notice water leaking there when I ran it with the seat off. But apparently you can be sucking air causing cavitation but not leaking water.
Happy new year! Jim

IMG_7358.JPGIMG_7359.JPG
The “tophat” is a nickname for the part that I have circled in The first picture. It is also called a support ring. In the parts book it is called a seal carrier ring.It is part of the carbon seal driveline rebuild kit. All together It is a mechanical seal that keeps water out of the Hull and can also cause cavitation if the faces of the carbon ring or the support ring (top hat) are chipped or worn or do not have enough tension from the bellows (accordion boot) also in the picture.

IMG_7361.JPGIMG_7363.JPGIMG_7360.JPG
Luckily I had a few pictures. The first picture shows the location of the carbon ring and seal components. The second picture shows the support ring (tophat) separated from the carbon ring. The third picture shows the factory support ring on the left and the new aftermarket heavy duty support ring on the right.

What is a top hat and where would I find it? And also please explain the second idea cheers jimmyluke

There are two paddles or vanes as they are called in the manual- on the back of your ski that are part of the OPAS (off power assisted steering) System. They help you steer the ski at low engine RPM and with the engine off. The paddles or vanes are held down by a spring and are supposed to raise up over a certain RPM due to water pressure from the jet pump(which I don’t know what that RPM is offhand). I was suspicious that my paddles were not raising up like they were supposed to and causing some “drag” and affecting my top end speed. So I disassembled the Spring loaded paddle assembly put a shaft collar on top, raised the paddle all the way up and locked down the shaft collar to hold the paddle in the upward position. I will find out next season how much this versus the new carbon ring seal assembly affected my top end. Mine(The paddles) probably were not raising up like they were supposed to because I can now notice a much favorable difference in handling at higher speeds. Hope this explains your question. Jim

Where the arrow is pointing I can actually move the rubber boot 4-5mm in every direction the top hat doesn’t move

Attachments

• 0A0F304D-BC13-4A68-A772-F2CDF0018DF4.jpeg
    0A0F304D-BC13-4A68-A772-F2CDF0018DF4.jpeg
    663.1 KB · Views: 32
As far as the 4 to 5 mm is concerned that it’s probably about normal. There is a procedure in the manual on how to check the accordion boot. You really need to slide the top hat back to check its condition. I’m not an expert on it but it does look like the top hat has some rust on the O.D so there’s a chance the face of the top hat is worn or chipped or distorted. Do you know how to slide the top hat back?

I need this wiring loom on the fuel pump. The positive and negative in the factory plug are cactus. Fuel sender to main plug??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Ok so bought the rx di full fuel pump assembly to fit my gtx di looks identical apart from the how clean it looks compared to my original pump assembly. All oem and only $175 au dollars second hand and a perfect wiring loom. Installed tonight and fired straight up. I’ll head up the river on the weekend and try her out.1548923283809.jpeg

Is this the correct part for my di??

Attachments

• CEB440AB-D51E-4D7B-A90F-37E849550BEE.png
    CEB440AB-D51E-4D7B-A90F-37E849550BEE.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 27
Is this the right prop for my gtx di?

Attachments

• E30CAB9A-48BF-4E9E-BC8F-AC9249991CAC.jpeg
    E30CAB9A-48BF-4E9E-BC8F-AC9249991CAC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • 5A7BECF9-8137-4C09-B57D-6BBC54B61F77.jpeg
    5A7BECF9-8137-4C09-B57D-6BBC54B61F77.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 2F278CDF-2AFF-4A93-B8D2-019939945F0A.jpeg
    2F278CDF-2AFF-4A93-B8D2-019939945F0A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Read all six pages. I'm wondering how you guys are checking the fuel pump pressure? Where is the connection point and what kind of set up are you using? If I need to buy something I will. I have a few DIs and RFIs I'm working on. Help is appreciated.

What does this thing do in the jet pump cone??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
That is the anti-rattle pusher. It should have a spring on the narrow end.

The seadoo pumps use a thrust bearing system that can rattle at low rpm and even though it doesn't hurt anything people complained so this was seadoo's half hearted solution. Yes they still rattle.

Miki I had a time trying to figure that one out. :) It fell out on disassembly so I didn't get a look at how it was installed. I played with it for the longest time and finally got it..... I think. Ha ha. I have to admit that is the dumbest design I've seen yet. Reading the manual takes all the adventure out of it. :) I have to admit though... when it is raining or late at night I sneak a look at the manual to make sure it's correct. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back