2003 gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d already ordered the new parts but I don’t think the fuel pump that I took out off ski is the right one part number
E1115
0886A
Nothing matching that number on the net

Attachments

• 0C795A98-4354-4D2F-8DDE-801A6009CCFF.jpeg
    0C795A98-4354-4D2F-8DDE-801A6009CCFF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 3BD2F1FA-7EBE-4CB9-B430-B2706764CA7C.jpeg
    3BD2F1FA-7EBE-4CB9-B430-B2706764CA7C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
Maybe I missed this, but you did replace the plugs already, right? That's the first step in diagnosing a 2-stroke. It still sounds like it could be raves not opening. That's right about the RPM they're supposed to activate.

Yes mate new plugs and beautiful colour firing good
Have just got new coil packs delivered and installed
New fuel pump coming in the morning and rave valves have been cleaned and new solenoid installed so they cycle twice
I did notice that the positive wire in the fuel tank to the pump was showing bare wires maybe shorting/earthing out
Still think pump is wrong any clues

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Wow, that definitely doesn't look good! I'd certainly fix that, but I don't think there are many minerals in gasoline to conduct current, like there are in water. One explanation for this could be that your pump can't keep up with the high-volume demand of the engine at higher RPM. Maybe it can get enough at low speed, but not WOT. Does it backfire (lean indicator) or sound different when you try to make it go past 5k rpm? Does it die, or rather bog past 5k?

Sounds like I’m pulling the choke on/ bogging down
Had a friend that has seadoo experience ride it and said fuel straight away
Like I said new fuel pump and coil packs tomorrow AUSTRALIA DAY Friday beer and a great going ski I hope

I wouldn't put that pump back in the tank. That's an accident waiting to happen. Could have melted that wire due to a short or too much load on the pump due to it failing.

Where did you get a new pump from. Is it an oem pump? Or aftermarket?

What is the current draw on the pump. The oem pumps were designed to be very low current draw. Most aftermarket pumps have been found to draw more amps than the stock pumps. This can cause issues with the electrical system and battery charging systems. I can't remember what the stock current draw was off the top of my head. Hopefully someone else that remembers can chime in.

Thanks bdesim2 I read that thread and the pump I got today and installed this arvo had every thing needed already installed and a set of filters that fit perfectly
Wet test up the mighty Murray river in the morning
I did the new pump is a LOT quieter than the old one
The pump in previous post is that an original pump?
I’ll let you know how it goes in the morning

Attachments

• F9123592-B016-4759-A4DD-FB684480C822.jpeg
    F9123592-B016-4759-A4DD-FB684480C822.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 68D20C5D-3AB4-4AE7-8495-A1142BAD9BE2.jpeg
    68D20C5D-3AB4-4AE7-8495-A1142BAD9BE2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
I would love to know how this pump works out. If it ends up being a viable replacement with a low enough current draw to still allow charging of the battery. Please keep us updated :)

Ok pump seems good running much better still a slight miss. Borrowed a pair of plug leads running even better very slight miss seems like a loose wire as on smooth water pushes 50mph but turn or choppy water and still a slight miss very intermittent but nearly there

Have you checked the plug gap on the new plugs? What octane fuel are you running? I would also maybe check the voltage output at high speed.

Make sure your raves are now opening fully and check the water regulator on the water box. Back right of the ski. Take it apart and make sure the diaphragm isn't leaking.

It also may still be worth it to measure fuel pressure at WOT. Just to make sure you are still getting 107 psi. I don't think this is your issue anymore but worth it to just make sure.

WOT?? Please explain
Now maint comes on runs like shit might only last a second or 2 or stays on
Unplug key all good again
How do I check if raves are opening?

WOT = "wide open throttle"

I would check fuel pressure. The maint light you're going to need a scanner.... this is where the DI gets expensive.

How hard is it to split my hull would make it so much easier to see/work on any ideas?
Also how do I know if my raves are opening all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back