2003 gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dazza

Hi new here and new to owning a seafood 2003 gtx di. Purchased with under 100 hrs has a flat spot ,won’t rev over 5,500 and gets to maybe 45 on the speedo. Starts easy and idles fine but very intermittent flat spot any help would be appreciated

I would check compression first. Should be 140psi give or take 5psi and no more than 5psi between cylinders.
If compression is good, start the ski on the trailer and then shut off with the button and listen for the RAVE valves to cycle two times. If the RAVE valves do not cycle then most probably the Rave solenoid is bad or you have a bad hose going to the solenoid.
Probably need to remove the RAVE valves and clean them as it is part of routine maintenance.
If still no love then check the water control valve on the exhaust for leaks.
Good luck.

It’s Sea Doo.

Thanks for that I cleaned the rave valves, easy job but noticed the solenoid running the valves was previously Broken and glued back together. Hopefully a new one on its way and problem solved

Attachments

• B2CD3E62-BC74-4CE7-A639-52A5BBA6FB65.jpeg
    B2CD3E62-BC74-4CE7-A639-52A5BBA6FB65.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
  • 873BC371-7E55-4880-B6DF-A479D7927AD1.jpeg
    873BC371-7E55-4880-B6DF-A479D7927AD1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Pulled apart cleaned and rebuilt water control valve no damage easy job
Found a second hand solenoid $40 and installed now have rave valve clicking on shut off again easy job
Revs freely on trailer to 7000+ rpm wet test tomorrow hopefully all good

Fuel pump good psi
Air pump down 5 psi I’ll strip down and clean/ inspect
Going to try different coil packs

Back from wet test dropped 5mph down to 40mph
Going to put original coil packs in
Also opened fuel tank a turn and a lot smoother so I’m guessing a blocked vent pipe
The search continues damn it

Have you checked the fuel pressure while riding? (Under load) I have seen a few pumps show 107 psi on the trailer and then in the water it's a whole different story.

Like many people, myself included, we buy things, then research them :(

Researching a 15 year old DI engine may have lead you to skipping this ski.
The DIs are known for hard to trace issues. Carb is your best bet for an old ski. RFI is more reliable than DI.

The problems seem to stem from part cost, availability, and delicate electronics which are all now 15+years old... where as the carbs can be bought new for not much.

The DI, when it was new was great, it saved fuel, ran well, etc. It just hasn't aged well...
I do wish you luck, and I'm sure it can/will be fixed, just filling you in on some backstory.

Search the threads.. You can clean the fuel pump with xylene and gas. It will get the pump back to building pressure.

Do you know what your battery voltage is running? DI skis use A LOT of power to run all the electronics. If you dont have enough, the pump will not move enough fuel.

Did you ever take the ski out and observe fuel pressure under load when the issue occurs ? Careful with the aftermarket fuel pumps. Lots of negatives. I would try cleaning yours before you install that aftermarket one.

No I didn’t pressure test under load had a loaner gauge for a few hours
I’ll clean existing pump when new one gets here also have new filters on the way and I’ll try new pump and new coil packs

Well still riding on river today without changing anything and quickly getting worse can’t wait for new parts to arrive but rode a new spark was unreal

If you keep riding it like this the chances of you causing catastrophic damage are very high. You could be starving a piston lean and blow that motor.

Thanks bdesim2 for that already had it out the water and now plugs out,battery out,coil packs out, pump out,rave valves out every electrical joiner apart and checked now waiting for new parts until back in the water
Btw the wife not happy she’s just started enjoying the ski and now I’ve dry docked it grrr
Australia Day coming in 7 days so hopefully all new parts coming in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back