2003 GTI SE JetPump

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmarkie74

How do you remove Item #24, Boot? Is it just a press in or threaded? It's in there pretty dang tight. The wear ring has 2 screws that hold it in. Item #6 & #7. Do all of you use these screws to hold the wear ring in? All the wear rings I have seen, do not have these screws. New wear ring does not come with 2 holes. I have just seen press fit wear rings.

Attachments

• GTI SE JetPump.JPG
    GTI SE JetPump.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
Funny, i JUST came across this earlier today while looking at videos about my own pump issues. Looks like you have to pre-drill the wear ring before installing them based on this vid:

Those screws are a PITA,,,I have advertantly drills the screws a smidge too far and suddenly my prop binds against the wear ring,,,my new move is to put a 1 cm thin layer of rev black on the entrance and exit of the ring,,,thin is fine,,,the ring will not spin,,,

24 is reverse threaded. Plastic jet pumps are the ones that need the screws to hold on the wear ring, the aluminum jet pumps do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back