2003 GTI RFI Fuel Sys

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I bought the ski knowing it had a bad engine and I was told everything else worked fine. Not everyone is a mechanic so we'll leave it at that. :) With the restoration all the big stuff was done and everything was looking good as I waited on the new fuel pump/regulator set up I got from Ebay.

NOTE ** If anyone is interested.. the set up worked and was only $95. While not OEM it is an option. Pressures are good, regulator is holding. Search on this to find it on Ebay - (Bosch Herko Fuel Pump Regulator Strainer for JETSKI SEADOO-KIT2) ***
(Unit comes with filters, fuel pump and regulator) -way cool !!

I Figured with the baby all installed I was ready to put the coals to it. Install the battery and see what I'm gonna get regarding fuel pressure and all that. Injectors cleaned, tested and ready. Let's see. Well.... no go. nuthin. :) Luckily I had a spare MPEM set up to try and to my surprise IT WORKED. Yay !!! Ski turned over fine, had spark but... no start. A few checks later and I'm looking at an injector that is staying open. Boy O Boy those little suckers can pump some fuel. LOL No wonder it won't run !! So now... I gotta do some testing to figure out why I got a live injector. Injector works fine... it is a power issue. Did I say these little suckers pump some fuel.... oh yea they do !!

I'll be troubleshooting the wires. I'm kinda excited because at least I know what's wrong. Hurray !! I hope it is not the MPEM but what the hey!!?? Game on !! I love this stuff it only makes the final victory taste that much better. :)

2003 GTI RFI BJ (3).JPEG

Last edited:
.I tried swapping the computer boxes with the ECM since I had two computers. I thought the smaller box might be the one that is bad. No dice but the one thing that did happen was the fuel pump stayed running as long as the key was inserted. So I switched the ECM and box back and everything is OK but I am getting constant power to the PTO Fuel injector. Looks like I need a ECM.

ECM repalced. It's alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as of last week. :) Movin on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back