GTile-RFI 787 hydro-locked with gasoline fuel - Why

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jtmcculloch

2005 GTiLE-RFI., 787 EFI - it has been sitting about 6 months. it ran fine when last driven.
Neighbor replaced battery because it would not crank - problem was that it was hydro-locked with Fuel.
I removed the injector rail & unpluged the injector wire connecters. Cleared engine of fuel.
First thought was leaking injector - but no fuel leaking from injecters while cranking to clear fuel out of engine.
Any Ideas?

These are known to have faulty crank seals that flood the crankcase with oil when sitting for long periods of time. Could definitely cause hydro locking and no spark due to fouled plugs. Hence the fuel smell.
Crank without the plugs in at full throttle (make sure to ground the plug wires). After you stop getting fluid coming from head, clean and reinstall the plugs and see if it starts. I would only be concerned if it happens when sitting for 2 weeks or less.

I worked on a RFI with such a bad crank seal leak I had to install 2 valves on the oil lines. Oneon the feed and one on the return line. Ski runs great. It is my cousin's ski. I told him it is cheaper than building another engine. :D Every other ski I had with an issue a single valve solved the problem. One way that helps remedy the issue is starting the ski about once per month. It only take a few ounces of oil to lock up the engine. If you put a valve in there chances are your problem is solved. 3/8" These work great !!

Plastic Valve Rotary Valve oil line.jpg

After further testing i replugged the injector wires & plugged in the key and the #1 injector sprayed full blast for 2.5 seconds.
Then i swapped the injector wires and when plugging the key in #2 injector sprayed - no leakage from injector #!.
i am thinking that the ecm need to be replaced. but if so do i need the key that goes with the replacement ECM, do i need to have the ECM programmed for the old key or do i just replace the ECM and good to go?

Attachments

• ECM.jpg
    ECM.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ECM Tag.jpg
    ECM Tag.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0
I had a problem like that on a RFI. Amazing how much fuel they can spray when wide open. I did the test like you did and the PTO injector was like a pressure washer. I replaced the computer and the ski ran fine. Thankfully I have spares parts to swap out. Good Luck !!

I had a problem like that on a RFI. Amazing how much fuel they can spray when wide open. I did the test like you did and the PTO injector was like a pressure washer. I replaced the computer and the ski ran fine. Thankfully I have spares parts to swap out. Good Luck !!
was it plug and play or did you have to get the computer programed for the key?

was it plug and play or did you have to get the computer programed for the key?
I had the MPEM, and key, along with the CDI together in the black box. 3 bolts and 4 plugs and I was in. :) I swapped the CDI just to be sure but it was the MPEM that was holding the injector wide open. You'll need a key if you change it out. Do some checks those dang parts are way to expensive. Good Luck with it.

I worked on a RFI with such a bad crank seal leak I had to install 2 valves on the oil lines. Oneon the feed and one on the return line. Ski runs great. It is my cousin's ski. I told him it is cheaper than building another engine. :D Every other ski I had with an issue a single valve solved the problem. One way that helps remedy the issue is starting the ski about once per month. It only take a few ounces of oil to lock up the engine. If you put a valve in there chances are your problem is solved. 3/8" These work great !!

View attachment 62712
genius

After further investgation i found the below info that shows that the VCM that i removed and sent the pics to you by txt
is not going to be the part we need to replace. we need to replace the ECM.
1. The VCM supplies the Positive voltage to the injectors.
2. The ECM supplies the Ground to the injectors.
The injectors will have the Positive the entire time the key is connected - That is working ok
The ECM will supply the Ground as needed to open the injectors for as long as is determined by the ECM.
our problem with the injector sprayiing for too long & too much is due to the ECM sending the ground signal
making the injector spray too much & too long.

Attachments

• 2005 Sea-Doo ECM VCM interaction Chart.pdf
    228.9 KB · Views: 1

Updated PWC used parts & Salvage Yards​

I found a list on the Forum for used parts & salvage yards.
i called them all the updated the list. i deleted those that are out of business now.
i included other info not on the original list like cell numbers and email addresses.

Westside Powersports
Free Same Day Shipping
SeaDoo Parts | Used SeaDoo Parts
Jess - 813-363-9074
Nick - 612-743-9311

Havasu Watercraft
www.Watercraftsalvage.com
Phone: 800-680-6621/ International 760-787-1447
watercraftsalvage@live.com

TCH Watersports
http://www.TCHWatersports.com
chad@tchwatersports.com
Phone: 478-457-7850 / 706-485-9979

M&M Marine
http://www.mm-marine.com
ed@mmpowersports.com
Phone: 530-661-0074

Jet Tech Sports
Phone: 770-924-0756
email: jettechs@bellsouth.net

A&R Performance
Phone: 540-895-9771
cell 434-284-0485
Loves Park Motorsports
Phone: 815-636-7636
cell 815-426-9993

WaterCraft Werks
Phone: 760-432-9900
email: wcwerks@pacbell.net
www.watercraftwerks.com

Wildfun Powersports LLC
www.powersportrentals.com
Phone: 253-581-5535
email: wildfunrentals@msn.com

Jet Ski Haven
208 Gumwood
Houghton,LA 71037
225-612-5540
John@jetskihaven.com

Never Satisfied Motorsports
817-597-0105
Jeremy@neversatisfiedmotorsports.com
www.neversatisfiedmotorsports.com

Ski Guy
4010 Fawn Lake Blvd
Mims, FL 32754
321-652-8256
grnaylor@gmail.com

Good Info. Unfortunately you'll have to deal with the "criminals" that sell used parts. I have a line on a company that repairs ECMs but I don't know if they do Seadoo parts. As mentioned I have a couple of spares that work for testing but have issues when running the ski in the water.

Updated PWC used parts & Salvage Yards​

<snip>

Ebay is your best friend without question. Also check Facebook Marketplace. Check skis for sale or give away in your area. A guy about 2 hours from me was selling a complete RFI for $80. :D :D No I didn't go get it but I should have. I saw a guy in Texas was selling 2 RFIs for cheap. Look around.

Out of all the calls and emails i sent out yesterday morning only 1 has responded so far:
They responded within a few hours of my message.

Westside Powersports
Free Same Day Shipping
SeaDoo Parts | Used SeaDoo Parts
Jess - 813-363-9074
Nick - 612-743-9311

So for me they will be my go-to place to call First.
I support those that provide timely communication.

Ebay is your best friend without question. Also check Facebook Marketplace. Check skis for sale or give away in your area. A guy about 2 hours from me was selling a complete RFI for $80. :D :D No I didn't go get it but I should have. I saw a guy in Texas was selling 2 RFIs for cheap. Look around.
Ebay is not my friend. i have had several scam auctions that ebay and paypay did not help me with.
the last one was a $1400 Stainless sink i won for $350. it was stated as great condition ready to install.
when i got it it was heavily scratched in the inside of the sink and the rails to secure it to the counter top were rusted out.
i could not even install it without drilling holes in it and screwing it down from the top. after it sitting in my garage for a year
i threw it out with the trash.

and yes i have already searched Marketplace, Nextdoor and other local online classifieds.

Back