2003 Challenger 2000 Guages and Lanyard not working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiswander

I just purchased a 2003 Challenger 2000 the previous owner stated that just before the end of the season the guages all quit working at the exact same time. When I did a sea trial I didn't notice that he did not use the lanyard to start it. Upon further examination I have noticed that all of the wires on the back of the start switch had been cut at one time and re-attched. I'm not sure he was telling me the truth now but need to fix the issue. The boat runs fine just no guages and the lanyard does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions where to start? Thanks

Kraig

With cut wires... it's could be anything.

The lanyard is a simple "Ground to kill" system. So... somewhere between the switch and the engine, the wire is open. Some mechanics will disconnect the switch if they are having an ignition issue, to help find the prob. But, then don't hook it back up.

Unfortunately... without being there... all I can say is grab a meter, and start looking for the problems.

As far as the dead gauges... I would start with the fuses, since they all gave up together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back