2002 Seadoo Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonsupafly

2002 Seadoo GTX 4-TEC 155 H.P.

I have a few questions that I need help with.. I have no manual so any help is appreciated..

What type of engine oil is recommended for this machine ? Also I need to know what type and where to get some coolant to add..

This seadoo (my girlfriends) has set up for a couple of years without use.. A new battery was installed before winter last year but jet ski was never put in the water after due to it turning cold rather quickly.. We charged the battery over night and the next day hooked the water to it and it fired right up. It needed a little oil added so I added 10w40 Mobil to the engine and added some fresh gas.

We put it in the lake yesterday. It fired right up. From the beginning when the throttle was pressed it was very sluggish and didnt want to go. After holding it all the way in for about 30 seconds it then took off rather well. Anytime the throttle was released, the same would happen with the delay. After 30 minutes of riding it cut off. Finally getting to start back up it cut off again. On the last go of starting it ran for a couple of minutes but cut off once the throttle was released. It would not make a noise or anything after the last go. Needless to say we were towed back to the landing.. I would say it never ran as smooth as it once did and I understand it may be from sitting up so long but need some advice on how to get this thing going so it can be used..

Any help is appreciated with the my questions/problems.. sorry for the long post !

effect of sitting to long

The fuel pump may be rusting up from Sitting with moisture in tank may be the culpret. I have two available if you need one. PM me. Bills86e@aol.com

The replacement fits in item 19 of the fuel system. Hope this helps.
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/seadooforums/Seadoo_oem/Seadoo_PWC.asp?Type=12&A=97

Have you emptied the water separator? this can often tell you to add a water
dispersant to tank. I do this as a pre-ride check, and I smell for fuel fumes in
hull before engine start-up at the launch.

Hope this helps. Bills86e

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help.. Let me do some reading and look into the link you provided. To be honest I dont have a clue about this jet ski but am learning ..

So I havent had time to bring my seadoo from the lake house to the dealer to check out. however I was at the dealer a few days ago and metioned to them wht was going on with it.. they said someting about it probably needs a new "liner"... can someone enlighten me on what hes referring to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back