2002 seadoo gti le wont go over 30-35mph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the ski last weekend it runs great starts easy. It takes off good runs like it should but it will not exceed 30 mph according too the speedometer.

Did you try using the GPS on your phone ?? I wouldn't trust the speedometers on the skis high or low.

The spedo's are pretty bad but.....
Your ski should top out at about 45 mph but if it really isn't getting there you have a problem and shouldn't keep riding it that way.

Does it run good but just stops going faster?
Does the engine rev but the ski doesn't go like a slipping clutch?

We need some more info.

The spedo's are pretty bad but.....
Your ski should top out at about 45 mph but if it really isn't getting there you have a problem and shouldn't keep riding it that way.

Does it run good but just stops going faster?
Does the engine rev but the ski doesn't go like a slipping clutch?

We need some more info.
Just got a compression tester and it read 90 psi in each cylinder....

Make sure you have a good compression tester. :) How well did the ski start in the water?

I just bought a cheap harbor freight one for 30. I will get a better one tomorrow and re test. Unfortunately these dont have a rpm gauge. Also it started very easy no choke either. Just trying to decide if this is going too be a ski worth trying to fix or just sell the ski.

If you can fix it they are great family skis. They only go about 45 but are bulletproof and my wife loves her 2003 GTI.

I just bought a cheap harbor freight one for 30. I will get a better one tomorrow and re test. Unfortunately these dont have a rpm gauge. Also it started very easy no choke either. Just trying to decide if this is going too be a ski worth trying to fix or just sell the ski.
I question the gauge for two reasons. One... if the ski starts in the water when hot compression is higher than 90 psi. And Two, I went to purchase a ski and the seller wanted me to use his compression gauge so I did. I got 90psi and told him I didn't want to ski.. Then I tested with my OTC gauge and the compression was 145. He was shocked. :) What made me retest with my gauge was that I asked if the ski started well in the water and he said yes.

Personally , I like doing top ends before they do any carnage to the engine. Bring that baby up to spec and a little pep in the step. But if it isn't need it isn't needed. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back