2002 Sea-Doo XP running rough

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Sea-Doo XP one 1998 and runs perfect but the 2002 one runs rough and don’t have much acceleration and it won’t go over 40mph and I also notice that it runs out of gas way faster than the other one. I would run both for 2-3 hours the 1998 would still have almost close to full and the 2002 is already at a Quarter of a tank. And also I put new spark plug in it before using it 3 days ago and I just took the spark plugs out and one of the spark plug is completely clean and the other looks dark and oily is that normal?

So then you haven't opened them up, checked the rubber parts, pop-off or leak down?

Right. There are a lot of crap carb kits out there. You've got to get the real stuff before it's gonna run like it should.

A quick look at the diaphragms in the aftermarket kits is all it takes to change your mind about saving a few bucks. They are much stiffer than the factory parts, and the nipples are too long. I can’t remember ever hearing about someone who installed non-OEM carb kits and was happy with the result.

I just looked up the Venom kits on amazon and you can see pretty clear that the diaphragms are the crappy thick molded China ones. Please return them for a refund.

Before you do anything, did you check the compression? Did you test the voltage regulator? Are you just assuming it's just the carbs?

Chester

The way you describe it, it sounds like you're running on one cylinder with one clean plug.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back