2002 GTX starting problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverrat88

Recently rebuilt 951 engine, grey fuel lines long gone, Carbs and filters are clean, battery is fresh. Plugs have been replaced.
Ski takes a long time to start, almost seems flooded. Cold or warm same difference. Once running it runs excellent.
Help!

dis the choke system, and install primer kit? did you inspect the reeds, when going thru the carbs? what did you do/replace in the carbs?

dis the choke system, and install primer kit? did you inspect the reeds, when going thru the carbs? what did you do/replace in the carbs?

Still have the original choke system. Reeds were cleaned prior to installation on the rebuilt engine a month ago. Carbs where not totally rebuilt, just the filters removed, inspected and cleaned, diaphrams looked good so that's as far as I went.

I'm having problem with my 02 GTi. It wouldnt start just before summer was over. It would crank all day long but wont turnover. I looked at the fuel bubble and it didnt have fuel in it. Any help as to why? is it not getting pushed from the tank or not getting pulled from the engine? Please help!

My 02 GTi wont turnover. it doesnt seem to be getting fuel to the filter just under the steering column. Any help?

My 02 GTi wont turnover. it doesnt seem to be getting fuel to the filter just under the steering column. Any help?

Inspect/replace the o-ring, on top of filter. Your pulling air causing it to not fill with gas. Easy check, is to tale the fuel line from that filter to carb, and install it to the "res" on the tank, then go hit start button, see if she fires up.

Recently rebuilt 951 engine, grey fuel lines long gone, Carbs and filters are clean, battery is fresh. Plugs have been replaced.
Ski takes a long time to start, almost seems flooded. Cold or warm same difference. Once running it runs excellent.
Help!
you seem knowledgeable maybe you can help me out. I have a 2002 GTX 4 Tec and they are telling me part # 278001607 is discontinued. It is an elcetrical wiring harness. Searched the web, none available. Saw a 2003 and 2004, will they work, where else can I get this part? Is this crazy that they discontinued a part like this? Please give me some feedback, would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back