2002 Gti Le

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Worrall

I am looking to purchase a 2002 GTI LE. I understand that it is not the most powerful watercraft, however, that is not a concern. I am more concerned about the reliability. Does anyone have any feedback on this unit?

Speed!

Dave, welcome to the forum. Glad your here.
The GTI may not be the fastest but I can say this. At one time it was!
This year, the 4-TEC series is the fastest but by next year, you never know what they might come out with. It being a super charged hot rod, makes you wonder what else they can do to make these things go any faster!....
I can just see the new 2010 Seadoo with a small gas turbine engine in it. That would lend new meaning to the term "man, that thing is screamin". My point is, your looking at a 2002, which is almost 6 years old. It's used and unless you know who had it, you don't know what it's been through. The Seadoo model PWC's were designed to last for years. There are a lot of members on the forum who still ride the 94-96 models and are happy with them.
If you do all your homework and check it out really good and are satisfied that your getting a good deal, then you should be really happy being a member of the Seadoo family. I've not met anyone on this website who didn't like their Doo.
There is a thread in the general questions section on what to look for in buying a used ski. Maybe take a look, it may be of interest to you.
Again, Welcome!
Louis :cheers:

Hey Dave, welcome to the forum... To get a good Idea on reliability, check out all the parts still available for that unit, on E-bay. I always see parts for sale which tells me if something breaks it can be repaired and back in the running fairly quick. That is a good thing, opposed to having to search like crazy for obsolete parts. Also take a look see at the Forum's manual section of all the manuals availiable for premium members. For a fraction of the price of a manual, you can become a premium member and download a repair manual and a operator's manual for that model and become familiar with all aspects of the machine. Good luck with your search, and welcome aboard.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back