2001 seadoo islanda

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

curt00

Hey there just having an issue with my boat , after 10 to 15 minutes it doesn't want to run at full power then after that it tends to jump into full power off and on. Is there anything I should be looking into before I just start to dig into wiring? This is a vertical v6 2 stroke engine

Hey there just having an issue with my boat , after 10 to 15 minutes it doesn't want to run at full power then after that it tends to jump into full power off and on. Is there anything I should be looking into before I just start to dig into wiring? This is a vertical v6 2 stroke engine
Just to clarify this is a 240 murcery 2 stroke v 6

When it starts messing up, shut it down. While it's still hot, check the trigger. 6 wire connector, on top of engine, just aft of flywheel. open the connector. Wires are checked in pairs. 3 pairs. All pairs should have the same resistance. Don't remember the value. Looking for hot soak failure.

Hey thanks for the reply! So that actually makes quite a bit of sense those wires were actually bare coming out of their and I replaced them and it was still doing it so I figured there must be a bad coil or something. I'll check see if I can do that test

Hey thanks for the reply! So that actually makes quite a bit of sense those wires were actually bare coming out of their and I replaced them and it was still doing it so I figured there must be a bad coil or something. I'll check see if I can do that test

Bare wires????
Seems like you found your problem. The original old stock triggers had terrible insulation that crumbled and fell off over the years.
Time for a flywheel puller and a new trigger. Mercury OEM or CDI electronics.

Back