2001 Seadoo gtx rfi will not start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaney1

I was riding my ski, turned it off to swim, and when I tried to start it all I got was a clicking sound. The sound is coming from the black box under the rear seat. When I connect the lanyard I get one beep(normal) and the red light on the screen appears with the word "maint" on it. Any ideas? Up to this point it was running great.

Hi Zaney
Check for blown fuses and charge your battery.

Did it always give you just one beep before starting?

No at lanyard connection I would get (2) beeps, but last night as I was checking the ski, I noticed that the oil reservoir appeared to have more liquid in it than I remember, but it could be my imagination. The ski has not been underwater or turned over in the water. Is there a possibility that something may have gotten clogged and forced gas or internal water back into the oil reservoir?

Is it a longer beep or just a short one beep?

For the oil, I'm not sure why that would happen w/o seeing it myself, but for now we'll just try getting it started working on those symptoms first

It is a solo short beep with a red light indicator. I pulled the top off the black box, checked 3 fuses that seemed fine, the connections/wiring/insides are all dry with absolutely no corrosion. It looks brand spanking new inside the box. I traced the red cable with all connections tight & clean and the same for the black cable. Next I will replace the battery (I have an extra) and try that next. Is there something else I can check while I am at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back