2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000- Engine Stuttering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

matteffler

I have a problem with my 2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000. I have a Mercury V6 240 M2 engine- Serial number-0E395198. Sometimes when I start up the engine and begin to accelerate it gets up to about 1500-2000 rpms and then it just won’t let me get any higher rpms and the engine just starts to stutter. Then I can shut it down and start it back up again and not have the problem and it will run fine. But when I shut it down again, the problem can reoccur after I start it up again and try to accelerate again.

I figured I would start with replacing the plugs, inline fuel filter and water separating filter, but the problem still exists.

Here is the video of the problem I am having.
http://youtu.be/CrIJCJlmCaM

OK... if it's "Stuttering"... then you have a throttle guardian that is going bad. It's a unit to keep RPM's low, so you don't over rev in neutral or reverse.

It should be a black box in the helm. One of the wires will be connected to the kill wire on the tether post. just cut that wire.

Thank you Tony for you feedback. Were you able to listen to the video I posted? The best word I could think of to describe the noise/feeling was stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back