Seadoo challenger 2000

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wballer131

Hello I have the seadoo challenger 2000 with the 240 merc in it. My boat runs great and will run all day until you turn it off. Once the boat is turned off it wont start back up until it sits for awhile. Anybody know what this could be? Thanks in advance.

Hello I have the seadoo challenger 2000 with the 240 merc in it. My boat runs great and will run all day until you turn it off. Once the boat is turned off it wont start back up until it sits for awhile. Anybody know what this could be? Thanks in advance.

What year is your engine?

Usually a sign of "flooding". Yes, I know it's EFI. The dreaded TPS can fail. Dreaded because of its price- about $800. It fails in a safe mode. That is- full rich. At more than 3/4 throttle, it has little effect. Below that, it can cause the ECM to send as much fuel as if WOT. Too much fuel AKA flooding. Lots to threads here about testing and adjusting it.

Or- you may have leaking fuel injectors. They are supposed to pulse, in milliseconds. They can stick open, dumping fuel into the engine. If you have fuel pressure gage, connect to the valve on top of the VST. Key on, engine OFF. What is your pressure? Should be 36psi. Key OFF. How long does it take for pressure drop to zero? Instantly? Points to leaky injectors. They can be removed, tested, cleaned and calibrated for about $20 each. Or replace the set for $750.

Engine is a 2000 found out the port side temp sensor was bad gonna replace it and if that doesn’t work i’ll check tps next then fuel injectors. Thanks.

Engine is a 2000 found out the port side temp sensor was bad gonna replace it and if that doesn’t work i’ll check tps next then fuel injectors. Thanks.
I have the exact same issue. I chased every suggestion on here, except TPS, starting with the port temp sensor and nothing. One guy said to bypass the kill switch and that worked for him. Dunno, haven't tried that yet.

Back