2001 SD Islandia - Will not crank; Lights, blowers work...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmtworks

I just picked this unit up from a "family" friend, who reported that this 22' Islandia ran like a top in the fall. I cannot get the engine to crank. I do get decent power to the lights, blowers, switches and gauges though. I have a 3 battery setup with a ProSport 12 Marine battery charger. It looks like 2 of the 3 batteries are setup in series for the trolling motor and one is for the engine. I had the batter charger on for the last 2 days, but get some errors on the unit. I have Battery Bank Trouble Status LEDs indicating a few things....one is that the battery is to weak to charge...so I put the main battery on a charger this morning and will check it in a few hours.

My question is, is there a magic procedure that needs to be followed or a switch somewhere? My lanyard is connected and the unit is in Neutral. I printed out all the manuals and am perusing them now....

Any help is appreciated.

~ Chris

I got it running...most of the battery connections from the ProMariner/12 charger were corroded. I spliced in new fuse link and cable...some for a few inches, My next question is running this puppy on the trailer with the H20 flushing port. I'll post separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back