2001 islandia seadoo about to do rebuild broken rod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

koby6587

So i have a 2001 sea doo islandia with a broken rod on the port side bottom cylinder. Dont know the cause found needle bearinsg in the exhaust chambers. Piston is melted bad to the cylinder looks like it will be tough to bust free. The crank moves nice and free you can kind of hear the rod touch the wall through the stroke i moved by hand with plugs out.... so with out crank bearings in the price gaskets and complete pistons rings needle bearings oils machine work ive qouted the guy 2800 bucks to pull motor and rebuild put back together complete. 1700 in parts and machine work and hes paying for a puller in that cost and 1100 in labor you think that is fair. I rebuilt mine with out any trouble ive put about 60 hours on build with no issues im confidnt in my builds and work with other professionals for advice. thanks

p.s the boat has had many hours and rough times on it i would love to get an islandia perfect layout was going to offer the guy money for it but not so interested after seeing upholstery bottom of boat is painted like light green and intake grate broken and pumps arent working in fresh water etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back