2001 Islandia Merc 240EFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Len K

Premium Member
Premium Member
Could somebody help? I am rebuilding a 2001 Islandia including replacing the engine. As I am replacing MOST electrical switches and components, I am trying to determine whether the instruments are working. Please understand the engine IS NOT in the boat and just have the 'pig tail' ready to plug into the engine computer. Nevertheless, I do not have any power going to the instruments and radio and cannot determine the issue by reviewing the wiring diagram in the Service Manual. Is it possible a wire tap in the fuse block is incorrect OR do the instruments and radio get their power via the harness coming from the engine? I cannot believe power would be distributed via the engine harness. Can someone help please as I am going to have the new engine installed in two weeks and need to have the wiring in working order so they could start the engine. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration.

UPDATE: In BANK A of the fuse block, there is NO power coming into the top PIN, which is PURPLE that comes from splice connector SP-12A. Where is SP-12A located?

My Challenger did something similar. That connector must be under your steering binnacle. Anyways you need to plug in engine tail for all the.power to come through the mpem.

Thank you about the engine tail info. Nevertheless, I fixed the issue by re-doing ALL of the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back